When installing a new entry door for your home, you can choose from many different types of doors. These options include solid wood, steel, aluminum, and fiberglass entry doors. While there is no single option that will be right for everyone or every home, many homeowners will find that a fiberglass door best meets their needs. Taking a moment to explore the pros and cons offered by these doors can help you to decide if a fiberglass door is the right option for you as well.
The Pros Of Fiberglass Entry Doors
- Low Maintenance - Fiberglass entry doors are extremely easy to care for. In fact, these doors require almost no maintenance at all. In most cases, the only thing these doors will require is a basic cleaning from time to time to remove dust and dirt from the surface of the door.
- Well Insulated - Fiberglass is a very powerful and widely used insulation material. Consequently, it should come as no surprise to learn that fiberglass entry doors are among the top-rated doors on the market when it comes to insulation.
- Aesthetically Pleasing - Fiberglass doors are able to enhance the aesthetic appeal of any style home because fiberglass doors are available in many different colors, styles, and finishes. This includes doors that are designed to mimic the appearance of other building materials such as hardwoods. With so many different options available, you are sure to find a fiberglass door that really brings out the beauty in your home.
The Cons Of Fiberglass Entry Doors
- Cost - When compared to other options such as wood and steel doors, high-quality fiberglass entry doors tend to have a higher price tag. This can be an issue for budget-conscious consumers.
- Prone To Fading - Fiberglass is susceptible to a type of damage known as sun-bleaching. If you are unfamiliar with this type of damage, sun-bleaching is when the color of your entry door prematurely fades as a result of direct sunlight. To prevent this type of damage, you will need to install an awing about your entry door if your entryway does not already provide some protection from direct sunlight.
Fiberglass entry doors offer the beauty and insulation that most homeowners are looking for in an entry door. Furthermore, these doors are very easy to care for. However, you will find that you pay a bit more when choosing a fiberglass door.
Contact an entry doors supplier in your area today to learn more.